Article 1. Definitions
1. Personal Information included among privacy-related information refers to “Personal Information” as described in the Act on Protection of Personal Information: information concerning living individuals from which it is possible to identify specific individuals using the names, dates of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, contact information, or other descriptions included.
2. Usage History and Attribute Information included among privacy-related information refers to information other than Personal Information as defined above, including services used, pages visited, advertising records, keywords used in searches, dates and times of use, methods of use, usage environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, user IP address, cookie information, location information, and device identifier information.
Article 2. Methods of collecting privacy-related information
1. When a user registers an account or uses a service, the Company may ask him or her to register Personal Information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone no., email address, bank account, and residence card number. In addition, the Company may collect from its business partners (including sources of information provided, advertisers, and destinations of distribution of advertising; hereinafter referred to as “Partners”) and other parties’ transaction records and settlement-related information including users’ Personal Information exchanged between users and such Partners and other parties.
2. The Company may collect Usage History and Attribute Information concerning users, such as services used and pages visited, advertising records, keywords used in searches, dates and times of use, methods of use, usage environment (including information such as device telecommunications conditions and information on various settings used when using services via mobile devices), IP address, cookie information, location information, and device identifier information, when a user has used a service or visited a page provided by the Company or its Partners.
Article 3. Purposes of collection and use of Personal Information
The Company shall collect and use Personal Information for the following purposes:
(1) For the purpose of displaying registered information such as name, address, contact information, and payment method and information on services used in the past and other subjects, to enable users to view and correct their own registered information and view information on their own usage of services
(2) For purposes of using email to send notifications or communications to users and using contact information such as name and telephone no. to pay users or to contact them when necessary
(3) For use as information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone no., email address, bank account no., and residence card no. to confirm users’ identities
(4) For purposes such as displaying information already registered with the Company on data input screens to make it easier for users to enter data and for transmission to other services etc. (including those provided by Partners) based on users’ instructions
(6) For use as information necessary for the Company to provide users with services, such as information on the content of inquiries and compensation when responding to inquiries from users, and for uses such as users’ conditions of service use and contact information.
(7) For purposes attendant to the above purposes of use
Article 4. Provision of Personal Information to third parties
1. Except in the cases enumerated below, the Company will not provide Personal Information to any third parties without the prior consent of the user concerned. However, this shall not apply in cases in which such provision is authorized under the Act on Protection of Personal Information or other laws or regulations.
(1) When required under laws or regulations
(2) When necessary for the purposes of protecting human life, health, or property, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
(3) When necessary for the purposes of improving public health or promoting the sound rearing of children, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
(4) When it is necessary to cooperate in the performance of operations prescribed by laws or regulations conducted by a national or local public agency or other party entrusted with such operations, and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned could impede the performance of such operations
(5) When notice or announcement of the following matters has been made in advance:
a) That provision to third parties is included in the purposes of use
b) Items of data provided to third parties
c) Means or methods of provision to third parties
d) That provision of Personal Information to third parties will be discontinued if so requested by the individual concerned
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not qualify as provision of information to third parties:
(1) When the Company has subcontracted the handling of Personal Information, in whole or in part, within the scope necessary for achievement of the purposes of use
(2) When Personal Information is provided in connection with succession of business due to merger or other reasons
(3) When using Personal Information jointly with a specific party, and the information on that fact, the items of Personal Information jointly used, the scope of parties involved in joint use, and the purposes of use of such users and the personal or organizational names of their parties responsible for management of Personal Information has been provided to the individual concerned in advance or is easily accessible to him or her.
Article 5. Disclosure of Personal Information
1. When the individual concerned has requested disclosure of Personal Information, the Company shall disclose such information to him or her without delay. However, if such disclosure would meet any of the descriptions enumerated below, the Company may decline to disclose the information in whole or in part. When it has decided not to disclose such information, it shall notify the individual concerned of such fact without delay. A fee of 1000 yen/disclosure shall be collected when disclosing Personal Information.
(1) When disclosure could be detrimental to the life, health, property, or other rights and interests of the individual concerned or a third party
(2) When disclosure could markedly impede the proper performance of the Company’s business operations
(3) When disclosure would violate laws or regulations
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle information other than Personal Information such as Usage History and Attribute Information will not be disclosed.
Article 6. Correction and deletion of Personal Information
1. If the Personal Information in the Company’s possession concerning a user is incorrect, the user may demand the correction or deletion of such Personal Information through the procedures specified by the Company.
2. When it has received a request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph and determined that his or her request needs to be responded to, the Company shall correct or delete such Personal Information without delay and notify the user thereof.
Article 7. Suspension of Use etc. of Personal Information etc.
When the individual concerned has, for the reason that his or her Personal Information is used beyond the scope of its purposes of use or has been obtained through improper means, demanded the suspension of use or deletion of such Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use etc.”), the Company shall, without delay, conduct the necessary investigation and, based on the results of such investigation, implement the Suspension of Use etc. of the Personal Information and notify the individual concerned thereof. However, if it would be difficult to implement Suspension of Use etc. of the Personal Information because doing so would be very costly or for other reasons, and there are other measures that could be taken to protect the individual’s rights and interests, such measures shall be taken instead.
Article 9. Contact point for inquiries
Please address any inquiries concerning this Policy to the following contact point: